Biežāk uzdotie jautājumi
The winner of the Latvian E-commerce annual award E-commerce Star 2023 is the startup Selfnamed
Riga, June 2, 2023
On Friday, June 2, the best and most innovative Internet stores in Latvia in 10 different categories were announced at the awards ceremony of E-commerce Star 2023. In line with the jury’s assessment, the start-up business Selfnamed was crowned as the overall leader and Grand Prix winner, which gives customers the chance to create their own line of certified cosmetic products or order products with their own brand logo and personalized design.
The E-commerce Star competition is taking place for the third time and this year it received 274 applications. At the annual awards, exports and the opportunities they offer were a hot topic. An international jury of industry professionals judged design and usability as the key criteria in the participants’ applications. This year, the competition’s strategic partner is the logistics company Omniva, while the competition prize fund is worth EUR 20 000. The best E-commerce stores in all categories received awards specially designed by Artis Nīmanis. You can find out more about this year’s finalists on the E-commerce Star website.
E-commerce Star 2023 winners:
- in the Small Business category, PLŪKT won the gold award;
- the highest jury rating in the Manufacturers category was awarded to Madara Cosmetics;
- Pranamat was recognized as the best exporting e-store;
- in the Sustainability category, the highest rating was received by Leg&Go and Trempel;
- Selfnamed won the gold award in the startup category;
- KSenukai and 1a received the highest rating in the category of multi-specialty stores;
- The jury recognized Zelta Zivtiņa as the best e-service provider;
- Lulu and Zelt were recognized as the best e-stores in the sector;
- the highest jury rating in the Platform Stores category went to Leg&Go, Daba design and PastelBabyStudio;
- Mobilly, RIDE and OX Drive received jury diplomas in the Applications category.
Also in the competition, there was a people’s vote sponsored by E-commerce Delfi, where everyone could vote for the best, most convenient and effective solution. In this vote, the brand Northern Grip came out on top, winning advertising support worth EUR 1000 from Delfi. Likewise, in the competition, in partnership with the international internet research and tech company Gemius, a company was identified, which in the eyes of the public deserves to win an award at this year’s E-commerce Star competition. As a result of this survey, multi-specialty store 220.lv won the Gemius award.
The goal of the E-commerce Star competition is to highlight and honour the best online stores in Latvia, which have succeeded in standing out from the competition in the field, and which exemplify best practice and inspire others to start selling in the digital environment. This year, the jury included Māris Kulikovskis, head of the sales department of Omniva, Arnis Jēkabsons, CEO of Element Digital, Aija Miķelsone, Head of the SME Business Segment at SEB banka, LMT B2C Ilze Saulīte, director of the personal service of LMT, Gustavs Gotauts, founder of EComHub, Joom co-founder Jurijs Ivanovs, Mēness Aptieka E-commerce Manager Sniedzīte Vilmane, Mozello CEO Kārlis Blumentāls, Stockmann Baltic E-commerce Manager Kristiāna Gruzīte, as well as All Digital Group CEO Daividas Talijūnas.